Make a New Year’s Resolution to Drive Safely
If you haven’t made a new year’s resolution yet, we recommend making a resolution to drive safely in 2017. This is one resolution that’s easy to stick to and one that can help you enjoy a safe and healthy year. Below, you can look through our simple reminders for safe driving.
- Wear your seatbelt and make sure all your passengers are wearing theirs as well. Even if you’re just driving down the street, a seatbelt could save your life.
- Obey speed limits, signs and traffic lights. It can be easy to speed up and ignore the signs when no one is around, but they are there for a good reason and can help you stay safe on the road.
- Pay attention to your surroundings– don’t just rely on backup cameras and blind spot warnings to let you know what’s going on.
- If the roads are wet or icy, be extra careful. Drive slowly, keep a safe distance from other cars and brake early.
Make sure your car is in good shape. Regular inspections and maintenance can keep your car running smoothly and safely. If you notice a problem with your car– a strange noise, trouble accelerating or braking, etc– bring it in for inspection right away.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car, including the following items: jumper cables, emergency flares, a flashlight with batteries, snacks and water, a first-aid kit, a blanket, a cell phone charger that is adaptable to your car, an ice scraper, foam tire sealant, gloves.
These simple reminders can help you have a safer year. If your safe driving resolutions include auto service, feel free to bring your vehicle in to our North Aurora, IL service center. We would be happy to take care of all your maintenance and repair needs so you can keep enjoying a smooth and safe drive this year.