Get Winter Ready With Gerald Kia of North Aurora
With winter just around the corner here in Northern Illinois, now is a great time to make sure that your Kia vehicle is ready to take on those long winter months. As we’re sure you already know, winter in this part of Illinois can be cold, snowy, icy and windy, and if you want to ensure that your vehicle is well prepared to take on everything a Chicago winter has to throw at you, we encourage you to follow some of our suggestions below!
Five Steps to Get Your Kia Ready for an Illinois Winter
- Winter Tires: Winter tires are crucial for winter travel where we live. Winter tires are made specifically to provide you with better traction and control on snowy, icy or slushy roads, allowing you to properly accelerate, brake and ultimately drive safely.
- Get an Oil Change: Cold weather can make your motor oil thicker and cause it to not work properly to protect and lubricate the many moving pieces in your engine. An oil change before winter sets in gives you peace of mind knowing that you have the clean and correct kind of oil you need to take on winter.
- Windshield Wiper Blade and Fluid Replacement: Being able to see is always important, and it’s significance is amplified in the winter when road conditions and falling snow cause your windshield to get dirtier than ever. It’s a good idea to replace your wiper blades and refill your washer fluid to ensure that you can see this winter.
- Check Your Battery: Avoid being stranded when your car doesn’t start by checking your battery level and replacing it if the charge isn’t high enough.
- Check Tire Pressure: The cold temperatures can sometimes cause your tires to lose tire pressure. Make sure your tires are filled correctly and carry a tire gauge around with you.
If you’re in need of any assistance getting your vehicle ready for the winter, we welcome you to have it done within our service center at Gerald Kia of North Aurora! You can quickly schedule an appointment online and we’ll get your vehicle maintained for winter as quickly as possible!